Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie - Alan Bradley

I didn't really expect to like this book.
I don't particularly like crime novels.
I didn't like the length of the title.
I thought the name of the protagonist was contrived.
I figured a Canadian male writer would be unable to generate the voice of an eleven year old British girl.

Good thing I didn't listen to myself and leave this book on the library shelf.

In fact, I will most likely pick up his other even longer titled novel, The String that Ties the Hangman's Bag another Flavia de Luce crime novel.

Why you might ask? Am I back for a second helping of Corey Redekop's Critical Monkey Contest? -- NOT.

I actually liked this book. I liked Flavia and her hated her sisters. I found the story complex and intriguing. It was fun to watch Flavia sort out all the intricacies of this mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment